CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: TP Snob No More

My name is Stephanie and I am a recovering Toilet Paper (TP) snob. I have always been the thrifty type (okay, I am cheap), but I have never been willing to sacrifice my TP quality to save a penny. For years, I have purchased either Charmin or Quilted Northern. When I thought of cheap TP, I visualized trying to wipe with a rough piece of paper that you could virtually see through (I know, a little too visual) . So, I continued in my TP snob ways and refused to even consider purchasing one of the much cheaper off-brands.

Well, a few weeks ago, I decided to take a risk by at least checking out cheaper TP options. Frankly, I was sick of paying $14 to $17 for TP (gasp), so I carefully looked at the off-brand toilet paper in the store and tried to convince myself that it looked just as soft and thick as my usual Charmin which costs almost double. After carefully considering what I was risking (the visuals were hard to overcome), I took the plunge and purchased a 12 pack of the Great Value (Walmart brand) Ultra Strong Bathroom Tissue for only $6.45.

I am happy to report that I have not been disappointed with my purchase. So far, I haven't noticed a significant difference in the quality between my trusty Charmin and my new GV brand TP. I am kicking myself for not trying one of these off brands sooner! Now, I would caution you all not to purchase the cheapest TP at the grocery store. All off-brand TP's are not created equal. If I would have continued to go down the aisle, I could have found TP for even cheaper, but I don't think it would be worth my savings. So, for now, I will plan to continue to purchase the GV Ultra Strong Bathroom Tissue until a cheaper brand proves itself to me. If you are TP snob, I encourage you to break the chains by trying this brand of TP or another similar off-brand. It works for me!
* I do not receive any compensation for recomening this brand or anything else on my blog. I am just sharing what works for me.

Enjoy being thrifty for your family this week :)!

1 comments:

Gina Strychar said...

I know exactly what you mean. I too am a recovering TP snob. However like you was tired of paying $17 for a pack. I took the plunge and am now happy to report that the Costco brand, kirkland two-ply is an excellent replacement.

If you are not a member you may want to look into it. Many of my friends here up north with children buy their formula, diapers and wipes from Costco. While other stores may have these items on sale from time to time, having a child doesn't lend itself to running from store to store, therefore they feel it pays for itself in quantity (less trips to the store) and savings (buy in bulk savings).