CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Recipe Share: Cresent Roll Chicken Pockets

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had a busy but fun-filled weekend. On Friday night we discovered our new favorite "date night" activity. We went to a local coffee shop and played Yahtzee while we sipped on some delicious coffee. Playing games with your love makes for an excellent night :). On Saturday, I went to a children's consignment sale with a good friend and found some great buys to include a "used once" Snuggi (a back-pack like holder for children) for $10. Saturday night, some dear friends helped me sew Judah's crib skirt and bumper. It took us from around 7pm to 2:30am, but it looks awesome! I am so thankful that they helped me with this project because it was a bit more difficult than I thought it was going to be.

I had to show you all this cute picture of the boys on the way to church. I love how children lighten the mood. How can you not smile and thank God when the laughter of children fills your home because your husband is chasing them around the house like a mad man or when these precious boys are sitting in your backseat counting to 200 in perfect harmony? They bring us so much joy!
And now the recipe....

My sister-in-law introduced me to these tasty chicken pockets! The recipe is very simple and the chicken mixture can be made in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to bake these delicious pockets.

CRESCENT ROLL CHICKEN POCKETS

  • 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 4 T. milk
  • 2 T. butter, softened
  • 4 cups cooked diced chicken
  • 2 T. minced onion
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • dash of black pepper
  • 2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
  • Optional- Italian Bread Crumbs
* I use low-fat cream cheese and crescent rolls and it still tastes great!

Preparation -
Mix the softened cream cheese, milk, and softened butter together and beat until smooth. Add the cooked diced chicken, finely chopped celery, minced onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well, then set aside. Separate each can of the crescent dough into 4 rectangles. (Do not separate it into 8 triangles as directed on the can for dinner rolls. Press the extra perforations together to seal.) Spoon about one half cup of the cream cheese/chicken mixture on to the center of each piece of dough. Fold the dough in half over the chicken. Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal. Place the filled pockets on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush the top of the dough with the melted butter. *Optional- sprinkle with italian breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. This recipe makes 8 chicken pockets.

Enjoy cooking for your loved ones this week!

2 comments:

The Cornett Family said...

That recipe looks awesome; we're trying it tonight! I can't wait to see the nursery pics!

Stephanie said...

I hope your dinner turned out! I feel like they get better each time I make them :).