CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

His Name...

And his name will be....

Judah Benjamin



The hold up was certainly on the selection of his middle name. After much thought and consideration, we decided to give Judah Nathans granddaddy's middle name, Benjamin. There is something so special about giving your child a family name. We both admire granddaddy and we hope that Judah will know how special it is to carry on this family name.


Doctor's Visit Update...


We had a doctors appointment this past Thursday. During the ultrasound, they took lots of measurements and looked at all of Judah's organs. They said that he appears to be growing normally and all of his organs are working properly, including his heart which sounded awesome. We are both very thankful for this GREAT NEWS! They also confirmed once again that Judah is definitely a boy. We couldn't seem to get a good picture of his face, but he was constantly showing us that he is indeed a boy!


Nursery Sneak Peak...


As I mentioned previously, I plan to have a vintage theme in Judah's nursery. Vintage seems to fit perfect for us because we enjoy finding old things at thrift/antique stores and in our parent's attics, and we love a good deal. So, here's the plan thus far...


Furniture: We are using our nephew's crib (thank you, thank you). I purchased a tall vintage looking bookshelf from a thrift store last week. The bookshelf will probably be painted and distressed. Nathan's parents gave us their old glider (it is in great condition, thank you!). The only furniture item we still need to purchase is a dresser. I plan to find a used long dresser that is a good height to place a changing pad on. The dresser will be painted and distressed as well. Colors TBD (I am thinking red, baby blue, white with brown glaze, black, etc.)


Bedding: I plan to make Judah's bedding (I am only making the crib skirt and bumper). I was able to get some great deals at our local fabric store and I ordered two other fabrics online (ebay and fabric.com).


Here is the vintage fabric that will be patch-worked in with a red ticking tripe, two shades of blue cotton (baby blue and a brighter blue), and white chenille to create the bumper. The crib skirt will most likely be the red ticking stripe. You can see the red ticking stripe and blue fabrics in the picture below.

Other decor: We have simply been collecting vintage or vintage looking items from different antique, thrift, and discount stores. In fact, we started collecting these items before we even knew I was pregnant. Nathan's mom also gave us some of Nathan's old nursery decor which will work perfectly in baby Judah's vintage style nursery (apparently 30 year old items look vintage). Needless to say, I haven't spent much at all and I feel like I have several great items.

Here are all of the small decor items we have collected thus far (minus the cute little outfit I received as a gift). I am proud to say that I got the globe for free! Long story, but I love a free item.

Nathan's mother cross-stitched this for Nathan when he was a baby. Isn't this poem adorable!

I painted this with some friends last week. Painting parties with friends are so much fun! I love this verse. I can't wait to explain it to Judah. Even before you were formed in my womb, God knew you and he has big plans for you!

1 comments:

The Cornett Family said...

Stephanie I must be experiencing your hormones vicariously; I about cried when I read the bible verse at the end. I love that verse too, and it's something my mom made sure to reiterate over and over as I was a child. I love the Vintage fabric as well!