CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Asking Myself Tough Questions


Sometimes growth requires that I ask myself tough questions. Asking tough questions works for me!There have been so many times in my life when I have discovered God's Truth and I was left with tough questions.

Questions like...
  • Am I willing to die to self (my desires, recognition, plans, etc.) and live for His purpose?
  • Am I willing to live according to his word even if it is completely contrary to what society sees as normal?
  • Are worldly concerns (money, pride, acceptance, etc.) keeping me from doing what I know God is calling me to do?
  • Do I trust that God will work through my husband if I step out of the way, pray for him, and let him lead me?
  • Do I believe that my role as a wife and mother is a high calling, worthy of my time and energy?
  • Does it matter to me if those around me know Jesus as their personal savior?
  • Do I love God more than anything else?
I continue to ask myself these tough questions (and many others- I think I could fill a whole page with "tough" questions) over and over again. Some of them I must ask myself daily, while others I have answered and simply struggle to live out. I like to ask these tough questions because they require me to search my heart, search scripture, determine what I believe, and take action.

A few weekends ago, I had the opportunity to listen to a series of messages on biblical womanhood by Voddie Baucham. God's call to women is truly amazing! I am always baffled as I study His call for me as a wife and mother. I encourage you all to take the time to listen to this series. It is both challenging and encouraging. The question below comes from this series. I am continuing to learn the beauty of biblical femininity and I think this is a great practical question that we can ask ourselves on a regular basis.

"To what aspect of my person am I drawing attention by the way I act and dress and does it bring honor to God?"

Learning...
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

"...but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God." 1 Peter 3: 4

"For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:13

"Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear." 1 Peter 3: 3-6

0 comments: