CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Church Retreat and a Birthday Celebration

This past weekend, we attended our "Fantastic Families" church retreat at a local kid's camp. We stayed in cabins and enjoyed a fun weekend with our church family. It was such a refreshing time. The themes (whether official or unofficial) were staying under our "coverings" and also true worship.

I really enjoyed the message given on Friday that discussed how we all have our coverings and we must make an effort to stay under them. As a wife, I have the privilege of being "covered" not only by Christ, but also by my husband. He acts as my covering in so many ways as he protects me from outside influences that are not healthy for me (or our family). I feel blessed to be in a relationship where I can trust my God-given covering. Sometimes it isn't easy to hear things like, "you probably better not take that on, you are already very busy", but I am so glad that I (and our future children) have his protection, guidance, and encouragement. Needless to say, the weekend was very encouraging and we are really glad that we decided to go. Nate took hundreds of pictures of the kids at the retreat, so it was really hard to select just a few.



When we returned from camp, my in-laws hosted my family birthday dinner (a bit late, but it was great). We ate fish tacos (one of my favorites) and Nat made me this awesome Swiss cake roll birthday cake. What can I say, I have some awesome in-laws!


0 comments: