CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Cotton Skirts

What is comfortable, cotton, feminine, and cute? A cotton fold-over skirt from Old Navy. Okay ladies, I know that I am growing by the minute so of course a cotton skirt works for me, but these cute skirts are not just for us pregnant ladies. I have seen them on many different sizes and shapes and they are very flattering. I am not normally one to give fashion advice, but I like them so much that I had to share them with you all. The best part of this lovely clothing item is that it has a small price! At only $15 each, they are very affordable! So, if you are in need of a cute and yet comfortable summer (I may be wearing these in the fall with some leggings or boots) wardrobe item, check out these feminine skirts from Old Navy (just for the record, I think Target carries them as well).

*Here I am modeling the black fold-over skirt. Cheesy, I know.

Speaking of feminine clothing items, I've recently read some great posts on the value of femininity. I don't know about you all, but I feel the most beautiful when I feel feminine. There is something special about looking and feeling like a woman. This can come from wearing a playful skirt, caring for the children, or cooking a great meal for my husband. I still have a lot to learn about biblical femininity, but I am certainly learning a lot and am feeling as though biblical femininity has always been written on my heart, I just haven't always embraced it.

I came across this awesome definition of femininity and I thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy!

"True femininity comes from within... a peace that passes understanding, joy abundantly, a light in our eyes, a smile on our lips, kindness on our tongue... it is embracing who God made us to be... confident yet humble, strong yet full of gentleness. She'll be serving those around her, pouring out her life with joy, she'll be on her knees in the presence of her King, she'll be speaking life to those around her bringing them encouragement, hands ready to help, feet ready to go... all done whether in the heart of her home or on the other side of the world serving the least. You can have someone dressed modest and feminine full of worldly beauty and yet missing the the core of femininity, the core of who she was created to be, and you will find an empty woman, empty of life. It all starts from within, yet I think you will see it expressed in every aspect of her life. You will also find women that are not full of natural beauty but somehow they become the most beautiful woman you have seen all because she knows who she is and why she was created, full of joy and gentleness... full of life... a truly beautiful woman." Carrie

0 comments: