CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Created To Be His Help Meet:


I have mentioned "Created To Be His Help Meet" several times in previous posts, so I thought I would try to tell you all a bit more about this fabulous book. I am thankful that a friend took the chance to share this book with me. I believe that it introduced me to scripture that changed my marriage before it even started. The book is controversial to say the least, so I know that it must not have been easy for her to pass it on to me not knowing if I would agree or disagree with the content. I am sure she felt the same way I feel when I suggest it to a friend- hesitant. I am not hesitant because I don't believe in the content, but because the writer doesn't scurry around the tough areas-she charges them head on. Some have described her as harsh, but I would describe her as brutally honest. As with any book, I don't agree with every single word, but I do agree with almost every word! I kept an open heart towards the book and simply studied with her. Actually, I continue to study with her. I have read the book in it's entirety two times, and continue to go back to the book on a regular basis for encouragement. I contemplated posting about this book many times and today I finally decided to share it with you all because I do not want to keep the joy that Nathan and I have felt as a result of this book from anyone. It is no doubt challenging material (I must be reminded of these scriptures DAILY), but it is a valuable read!

Instead of trying to summarize this book, I will just share bits and pieces of the actual text. The statements below are all found in "Created To Be His Help Meet".

The Author, Debbie Perl, wrights this book as she follows the command found in this passage-"The aged women likewise, ....; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed" (Titus 2:3-5).

God gave Adam the most precious gift a man will ever receive- a woman. "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him" (Gen. 2:18). If you are a wife, you were created to fill a need, and in that capacity you are a "good thing", a helper suited to the needs of a man. This is how God created you and it is your purpose for existing. You are, by nature, equipped in every way to be your man's helper. God gave Eve to Adam to be his helper, not his partner. She was designed to serve, not to be served, to assist, not to veto his decisions.

Each day is a decision, each hour a challenge, and each response starts you toward either the quicksand of divorce or the solid ground of being blessed "heirs together of the grace of life."

The tool of your warfare is your loving, kind, delightful, radiant, adoring self. Earn every smile and shared moment.

If you have a reason to be hurt or discouraged and yet you sing with thanksgiving, this is a true sacrifice of worship to God. "And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing" (Psalm 107:22).

You might be one of the women who often complains about her family's lowly financial state and how she must "do without" because "her husband cannot support the family decently." This downcast, unthankful attitude is a dishonor to God and an attack upon your husbands ego.

Discontentment is not the product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul.
"All of the days are afflicted with evil: but he that is of a merry hart hath a continual feast" (Prov. 15:15).

Every day, I remember to view myself as the woman God gave this man. I could be annoyed at doing (fill in the blank) for my husband and family, or I could find joy in doing it for him. You serve Christ by serving your husband, regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

You were not given to your husband to be his conscience!

The very heart of reverence is extreme appreciation and profound thankfulness that this man, just as he is, has chosen to love me, just as I am.

A wise woman doesn't ever allow herself to be a liability, but strives to always be an asset to the marriage, she looks for ways to make, save, and use money wisely. Her husband knows he is a richer man because she is his wife. She never expects anyone to serve her, and is therefore never disappointed. She is ready to help, always the giver. (Proverbs 31)

My husband does not loose any dignity by being in subjection to Christ, nor do I lose any dignity by being in subjection to my husband. And, just as my husband finds security and meaning in submission to his head, so I become the person God created me to be in submitting to my head- my husband. (Eph. 5: 22-24)

God's rules are not there to put you in bondage, but to help you make a man want to cherish, protect, and love you.

0 comments: