CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Does Not Work for Me Wednesday- Marathon Cleaning Sessions

For the past 8 months, I have been blessed to have most of the day Friday to handle our household needs (grocery shopping, oil changes, etc.) and cleaning. Now that my schedule is changing for the summer, I will no longer have a day during the week to take care of our home. I must admit that even prior to the schedule change, marathon cleaning was not working for me. I would spend hours cleaning, which would leave me feeling accomplished, but also exhausted. While I think it is important for us to share things that work for us, I think it is just as important to identify those things that do not work for us so that we can seek advice and find new and improved ways to manage our homes!

A good friend of mine shared with me that she has a cleaning schedule that allows her to stay on top of her cleaning throughout the week. So, my goal this week is to come up with a personalized cleaning plan (including laundry, floors, dusting, etc.) that will work for me.

If you have found that your current cleaning schedule or lack thereof is not working for you, I encourage you to join me in formulating a schedule that WORKS FOR YOU! I plan to post my schedule in the future, so if you join me and would like to share your plan, do not hesitate to do so.

We have the great honor of being keepers of our home, so it is important that we learn how to do this in the most effective and efficient way possible. I am eager to hear tips and suggestions from you all, so feel free to send me an email or leave me a comment with your cleaning schedule tips and/or plans.

Learning...
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Ephesians 15:15-17)


This is a picture from our mini get-away in Nashville over Memorial day weekend. It was such a relaxing time for us. I can't say that we did much, but that was truly the best part. We were excited to just "get-away" for awhile and simply enjoy enjoy each other.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that u updated your blog. I enjoy reading about it. You already know what works for me when cleaning. LOaundry is my favorite...I do a load most every night and dry it in the morning and put it away before I go to work. I don't have a full load of any color for about 3 days so it works for me to do a differant color every 3-4 days I also spot treat any spots when I put them in the laundry so that I don't miss them when I am doing laundry.  Don't stress about cleaning just enjoy it...GOD bless you this week as you do what HE has called you to do. Love, Mom