CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recipe Share- Cheesy Mostaccioli

I hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! Nathan and I fully enjoyed our long weekend. We were even able to take a short get-away trip to Nashville for a couple of days to spend some quality time together. It was very refreshing! I am so thankful we are able to do things like that! I will post a few pictures of our short trip soon.

For now, I want to share one of my favorite recipes with you all. My mother used to make this dish for us when we were growing up. This year, she purchased me a stone bowl for my birthday so that I could make this dish for my family. This dish can feed at least 8 people, if not more (I've fed at least 10 with it), which makes it a great dish to make for others. While I would suggest using a stone bowl, it isn't required.
Cheesy Mostaccioli (Pampered Chef Style)
Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) package
mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
1 1/2 lbs
ground beef
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 teaspoon
ground black pepper
1-1 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
3 cups shredded
mozzarella cheese, divided (I use more like 4 cups of cheese)
Directions
1- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; rinse and drain.
2- In a non-stick skillet, cook and stir the beef over medium-high heat until meat is browned; drain.
3- Add in spaghetti sauce, soup, pepper, and Italian seasoning; stir to combine.
4- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, sauce, and 2 cups cheese.
5- Transfer mixture to a greased 4-quart baking dish.
6- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over the top.
7- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
8- To freeze: Complete recipe through step 6. Seal with foil or place in a zip top bag. Freeze.
9- To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as directed.

Enjoy cooking for your loved ones this week!

0 comments: