CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prayer Request and Recipe Share (Oreo Bon-Bon's)

PRAYER REQUEST:
Please pray for my sister-in-law Natalie. On Wednesday, she broke her ankle on both sides while playing with the children at an inflatable play ground of sorts (odd, I know). Today, she is having outpatient surgery on her ankle. While it is an outpatient surgery, anesthesia is always frightening, so please pray for her peace and safety.Pray that she has a quick recovery and is able to return to her busy schedule of caring for the children and keeping the rest of us in line.
I had to include my favorite picture of us. We took this picture on our awesome ski trip in Breckenridge in Febuary of 2008. Don't we look like we are in a band?

RECIPE SHARE:
I made these tasty little treats for bible study on Wednesday and I thought you all might enjoy the recipe. They are easy to make (warning: do not attempt to make them at 6am before going to work) and they require very few ingredients. Plus, everyone seemed to like them!

Ingredients:

1 bag of oreo cookies (I saved 10 cookies from the package for another use)
2 blocks of 80z. cream cheese (I used light cream cheese)
1 to 1.5 packages of vanilla almond bark

Directions:

Use a hard spatula to whip cream cheese until smooth (I wouldn't use a mixer because you don't want it to be too mushy). Crush oreos with your hands (I also used a metal spoon) until finely crushed. Mix crushed oreos with cream cheese. Use a tablespoon to create bite-sized balls of this mixture. Set the balls on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 20 minutes (or refrigerate for an hour). Melt almond bark according to the package. Dip the balls into the almond bark and let them dry on wax paper. Keep refrigerated until served.

Enjoy serving your loved ones this weekend :)!

0 comments: