CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Works for me Wednesday- Microwave Cleaning Made Easy

As some of you may have detected, I took a short break from the blogging world due to a need to focus on other things for awhile. I assure you that Nathan and I are alive and well! Hopefully, I will take the time to write an update about the excitement in our lives in the near future, but for now, I am going to share with you all a simple cleaning tip that "works for me".

For the most part, I really enjoy cleaning our home. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment I feel as I look at our clean home. I have even found that I am able to relax and find more peace when our home is in order. While I can "let the house go" for a few days (I don't recommend this), it usually starts to get to me by the weekend. That being said, I also have certain cleaning tasks that are more of a "chore" for me. I don't desire to look at cleaning anything as a "chore", so I have recently tried to discover ways to make these daunting tasks more easy and enjoyable.

I don't know about you all, but our microwave can get just plain gross. A couple times of leaving something in for too long or forgetting to cover a dish and food is fully baked on to every part of the interior. I used to spend way too much time scrubbing the inside of our microwave, but now I do a little prep work before I attempt to wipe away the old food.

Microwave Cleaning Prep Work:
- Fill a microwavable safe bowl with about 4 coups of water.
- Place a few lemon slices in the bowl.
- Microwave the lemon water until it is boiling.
- Leave the boiling lemon water in the microwave for a few minutes.
- Remove the mixture and easily wipe the "un-stuck" food off the walls of the microwave.

Just a simple cleaning tip that "works for me"! Hope you all have a great week!

Happy cleaning :)!

Learning...

Good Reads...
Check out this awesome series called "Homeaking, It's a Real Job". It has been very encouraging to me and I thought some of you ladies would enjoy it!

If you are up for a challenge, check out this post on being a Jezebel!

0 comments: