CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Party of 3

Nathan and I are excited to announce that we will soon be a party of 3! We are expecting our first child! I can't even come close to describing how excited we are to meet our first addition to our family. We are praying daily that God will prepare us to become the type of parents that he has called us to be. Pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting are uncharted waters to say the least, but we trust that God is going to fully equip us! We both love and enjoy children to the fullest and we are eager to raise this child.


So far, my pregnancy is going very well! I am around 13 weeks and am said to be due on January 2nd. I battled with a few weeks of sickness, but I am feeling much better now. We have visited our doctor 3 times thus far and we received good news with each visit. For now, Nathan and I are reading a lot of helpful books, asking for lots of advice from trusted friends, and praying. I am sure I will be posting about the things I am learning and needing advice on in the near future. We have a lot of decisions to make regarding birthing and parenting, so I figured I better start doing my research :).

Please pray for us as we take this amazing journey!

These are our latest ultrasound pictures. Our child looked like a peanut during our first ultrasound, so we were shocked when we were able to see his/her profile, body, hands, and feet. He or she was also doing flips and kicking those tiny (and I do mean tiny) feet. It was so awesome! Isn't it incredible that us ladies have the honor of carrying these precious babies. Aside from all of the pregnancy and birthing woes (I have yet to experience so many of these), it really is astounding that our bodies were made to provide the perfect environment for a child to grow and then be born into this world.




"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." (Psalm 127:3)

4 comments:

The VanZoerens said...

I've been waiting for you to share your wonderful news! Geoff and I are so excited for you guys! We know you will make great parents and we can't wait for you to join us on this awesome journey :) Secretly, we are hoping you have a girl so she and Arden can be best friends, but of course we will be happy with a boy too! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

phylisiI am so extited to be grandmother again...You will both be such wonderful parents. Being a grandmother is truly GODS greatest gift. I am looking forward to watching both of you experience this blessed event in your lives. Enjoy every moment...you only live it once. Am looking forward to seeing you in July...and watching you grow into the parents GOD has designed you to be. I love you ALL! Mom

Claudia said...

Sorry about the phylis as the opeing on my coment it was a typo. I thought I was in the word verify tab. I am a rookie at all of this you know. Love ya still mom

The Cornett Family said...

Congratulations Nate and Steph! I'm a little late reading this, but I'm so happy for you both! You will be awesome parents!