CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Cleaning Schedule

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! We really enjoyed our fun friend-filled weekend. We were able to play cards and eat with friends, and spend some time at the pool with the children. Hanging out at the pool with the children is so much fun. The look of delight on their faces as Nate chases them around the pool is just priceless. Isn't summer the best?


As I discussed in my previous post, marathon cleaning sessions do not work for me, so I have formulated a new summer cleaning schedule to help me keep my home clean and peaceful during the busy months of summer. I know that I will need to be flexible and may need to adjust the schedule, but I think this is a good starting point. In August, I plan to formulate a new schedule for the fall that will work with our fall schedule. If you have not yet done so, I encourage you to take the time this week to create a cleaning schedule that works for you!

For those of you that have children, this schedule could easily help you determine their daily chores. If you have children that are able to help, I encourage you to formulate a detailed chore chart from this schedule as well. Throughout my childhood, my mother always left us a list of chores to complete each day. The rule was that we had to finish our chores before we could go outside and spend time with our friends. I am sure it was a funny sight to see 4 children running through the house trying to get our chores done as quickly as possible so we could go have some "fun". We were not going to waste our day cleaning, so that chore list was done pretty quickly :). Just a thought.

Steps to Creating a Cleaning Schedule
#1- Make a list of the tasks you would like to complete each week.
#2- Make a list of those tasks that you complete throughout the week as you go about your business (ex. we load the dishwasher and wash any non dishwasher safe items after each meal).
#3- Make a list of tasks you would like to complete for each day of the week.
#4- Print your schedule and hang it in a visible place to serve as a reminder.

Weekly Tasks
Grocery Shopping
Food preparation
Dusting
Floors (hard woods/ carpets)
Bathrooms
Laundry(wash/dry, fold/put-away clothes)
Kitchen counter tops/tables
Dishes (load dishwasher/hand wash, unload dishwasher)
Trash
Making the bed
General clean-up

Complete Daily
Kitchen Counter tops/ tables
Load dishwasher/ hand wash
Trash
Making the bed
General clean-up

-Weekly Schedule-

Monday
Put away laundry

Tuesday
Floors

Wednesday
Wash/Dry Laundry
Dusting

Thursday
Put away laundry
Bathrooms

Friday
OFF

Saturday
Grocery Store (am)
Food Preparation for the week (am)

Sunday
Wash/Dry Laundry
Unload dishwasher

It is also a good idea to formulate a schedule for any deep cleaning ( cleaning windows, walls, fridge, etc.). I plan to formulate a monthly cleaning schedule for these items. This schedule will include those deep cleaning tasks I would like to complete during each month. I will try to post this schedule on a later date.

Enjoy cleaning your home this week :)!

1 comments:

Mom said...

Wow makes me tired just keeping up with all that. It sounds like you have some pretty realistic goals. I am so proud of your time management. Have a blessed week lOVE, Mom