CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Monday- Recipe Share

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was very productive and relaxing. Nathan was out on business for the weekend, so I decided to take full advantage of this time. I was able to complete my "spring cleaning" list, read for hours, and spend some time with the kids, all of which I love. It was a very rejuvenating time.

I was talking to one of my good friends about menu planning last night and was sharing with her how I have learned several great recipes and "home-keeping" tactics from my fellow blogging friends. So, I thought I would try to share one of my favorite simple recipes with you all this morning. As you all know, I like to keep my cooking fairly healthy and simple, so this isn't an elaborate recipe.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Refrigerated pie shells (Pillsbury works, but homemade is even better!)
2 cups, cubed cooked (boiled) chicken
1/2 can of "healthy recipe" cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of "healthy recipe" cream of celery soup
1/2 cup of skim milk
1 small bag of frozen veggies (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
1/4 stick of butter (it tastes even better with 1/2 stick, but it isn't necessary)
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix soup, frozen vegetables, cooked chicken, milk, melted butter, and salt and pepper. (The mixture should be fairly thick). Place in pie shell. Top with second pie shell. Cover edges of pie shell with foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Prepare this meal ahead of time:
Cook chicken, mix with all ingredients except frozen veggies. Refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to bake the pie, add frozen veggies to the mixture and place all ingredients in the pie shell.
Enjoy cooking for your loved ones this week :)!

1 comments:

The VanZoerens said...

I make one very similar to this and Geoff and I love it! We could eat it for dinner once a week for sure! Yours sounds great too! I've missed hanging out with you guys lately :( I hope you have a great time in Kentucky and hopefully we can get together very soon!