CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Bachelor Party Weekend

This morning I woke up at 6:00am to make a large breakfast for 7 hungry men who are headed to Tunica, AL for a weekend of golfing and poker. This weekend Nathan and several of his closest friends are having a bachelor party weekend! I wish I had a picture of all of them sitting at the table this morning with huge smiles on their faces. They are all so excited to get away from the daily grind and have some "dude" time. It was a lot of fun cooking for all of them and I think they really enjoyed it (their plates were clean). I hope they have a super fun and safe trip. I know they don't all get together very often, so I am sure they will try to enjoy every moment of the increased testosterone. I always miss Nate when he is gone, but I am so happy he can have this time with his friends.

As for my weekend, I plan to spend it crafting with Dasha! Her husband Sy is on the man trip, so we decided we are going to have a sleep over this weekend. Our plans include sewing, decoupaging, thrift store shopping, distressing a few things, and painting canvas! A wonderful weekend of craftiness....fabulous!


Side notes:
I (with the help of Wanda...lifesaver) finished sewing six 11ft panels for our great room and kitchen nook. We finished them on Monday night at Wanda's. You should of seen me and Wanda trying to measure 11ft six times while Nate laid on the bed telling us stories about his childhood. We had a blast! I can't wait to post pictures for you all. Nate and I hung them yesterday (we are such a team) and they look awesome! Another huge project down, check!

My family and two close friends (Katy and Sarah) will be here in 3 weeks! I absolutely cannot wait!!!! Since some of you may not know them and I love to tell people about my awesome friends, I want to introduce you to them!
The picture below is of me and Katy on her wedding day! She was such a beautiful bride! She and her husband Brian have been married for a little over a year. She lives in Oklahoma and still serves in the Air National Guard Full Time! In fact, she will be going to Iraq in a few short months. I met Katy when I joined the USAF in 2003. We were stationed at Wichita Falls AFB and later at Lackland AFB for our technical training. Katy has such a tender heart, but at the same time she is extremely strong and determined! Katy has seen me through some very wonderful and also very difficult times. She has been there for me for the past five years and I am so thankful for her presence in my life. Despite our physical distance, we have always stayed in touch! Each time I talk with her I am reminded of the deep love and respect that I have for her. She is like a sister to me. I am so excited she is going to be coming to Huntsville for an entire week!

The picture above is of me and Sarah the night before I left Orlando to move to Huntsville. I met Sarah when I moved to Orlando in 2006. She lives in Orlando, FL and is now engaged to her boyfriend of 4 years! She actually leased me my apartment in Orlando! My only other friend in Orlando lived almost an hour away, so I was really praying that I would meet a good friend soon after I moved there. Well, Sarah was that friend. She stepped right into my life and became the type of friend that I could tell my life story to without hesitation. The thing I love most about Sarah is her open heart. I have never seen her judge anyone. I truly believe I could tell her anything and she would love me regardless. She is one of those people who can truly look past a persons actions or past to see who they really are. She has stuck by my side since the day I met her! I am so thankful that she was placed in my life at a time when I really needed a good friend. She is such a rock in my life. She will also be coming for the entire week (despite some scheduling conflicts, which she rearranged just to be with me)!

Ladies, if you are reading this post, I hope you know how much I love you both! Thank you for being such loyal and supportive friends. I am so excited you all are coming to be with me during this special time.

When I count my blessings, I count my friends and family twice! Okay...I know that is cheesy, but it is true!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was already crying about Sarah Palin being VP...and now I am bawling because of the sweet things you said! I love you, Steph!!!

Anonymous said...

I know its been awhile since you sent the email and told me about this blog...I did finally get around to reading it, but isn't that the story of our friendship? :) you know that no matter what I will be there...well from oklahoma but in 12 short hours i could be there haha! I love you sis! katy