CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

23 days and counting...


I just had to write a "short" post to say that the time is just flying by at this point. Nate and I keep looking at my little countdown clock and can't believe that we only have 23 days left! We are so incredibly excited!!!! I know that our wedding day is going to be here before we know it! I am so excited that in just a few short weeks, I will marry my best friend. Nathan is such an awesome man and I feel so blessed to know that he is my partner for life. I am constantly praising God for providing me with someone whom I love to willingly serve and who truly makes me a better person simply by being himself. I always tell people that Nathan is my steady man. He doesn't come with all of these bells and whistles that I can't seem to figure out, he is who he is. He has always put everything out on the table for me to see....weaknesses and all. He doesn't change from one person to the next or one situation to the next. He is steady and strong, which for those of you that know me, is exactly what I need. I am so thankful for him and as the clock continues to count down, I can't help but overflow with joy.
I spoke with my grandpa Bob and grandma Coetta (my sister's biological grandparents whom have always been very involved in my life) yesterday and my grandma informed me that she had purchased a special grandma's wedding dress for our wedding. Her voice was just filled with excitement for our special day...I was almost in tears thinking about how much they must truly love and care about me that in their old age they would make an 8 hour drive to be here with me and Nathan for our day. My aunt Deb and uncle Jim will also be traveling all the way from Nebraska just to be here for us and I am thrilled that they are so supportive of me that they are willing to fly all the way here for just a few days! We made the choice to get married in Mooresville because we wanted to be married in the area where we are going to reside most likely forever or at least a good part of our lives. I know this has not been easy for my family and friends and I am so thankful that some of them have chosen to make the long trip to be with us for such an important day of our lives.
23 days...HUH!
P.S. The man trip went great! They all said they had a blast! They returned on Sunday and we had a cookout on Monday with everyone, which was a lot of fun. As for my weekend, I had so much fun crafting with Dasha and I even got to have a sleep over with some of the kids. We watched movies, went swimming, and ate junk food, which was a lot of fun! I will have to post some pictures of our new creations in the near future! I am SO bad about taking pictures right now and I know I am going to wish I had some pictures from all of the fun times we've been having here lately. I have the pictures from my last shower, but I don't have them electronically, so I will have to scan them in order to post them. I will if time allows :)
Hope you all are having a great week!

0 comments: