CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

A great weekend...

I had such a great weekend! We hoped that we would have a relaxing and yet productive weekend and that is exactly what we got. It was so fabulous that I just had to tell you all about it. I am so thankful for weekends like these!

Nate and I stayed in on Friday night for some quiet time alone. We ordered Terrinovas and sat and talked for hours. It was such a great night! I just love when we can put life on hold in order to really listen to one another. Nights like these are our favorite!

On Saturday, Nate and I ate lunch with his granny and then came home with plans to go swimming with Donald and Nicole and the kids, but it ended up raining so instead we took a nap!After my little nap (Nathan ended up sleeping for hours...he was so tired), I woke up with a lot of energy and ended up completing several DIY wedding projects! Plus, earlier this week I had purchased some canvas (for next to nothing) and decided that I was going to turn into Ms. Craft and create us some pictures for our home! Keep in mind that I am not naturally creative, but I am cheap and that spurs me to take on the challenge of pretty much any DIY project in order to save us some money! Might I also say that I am always very happy and excited when I can do these type of projects and Nathan always shares in my joy! He and Brent held the stencils while I painted and helped hang the finish product. Nathan was so proud of me!
Here is my final creation for our guest bedroom! Next up, pictures for above our kitchen cabinets. I can't wait!

After our afternoon of relaxation and fun projects, we picked up Ty and Tess (it was Nicole's birthday so we wanted to give them some time out with friends) and took them putt-putt golfing. Tess made it about 5 holes before Nathan was toting her club and ball around, but we had so much fun!

Nate and Ty at Putt-Putt! They are so much fun!


After golfing, Ty and Nathan watched Transformers while Tess and I baked cookies! It was quite a mess but we had so much fun! I love how willing kids are to learn! I think it is so important to allow children the opportunity to learn even if it slows down your process or they make mistakes! While our cookies tasted more like pancakes (according to Ty), I think Tess enjoyed making them and that is what matters!



Licking the beaters...yummy! "Clean up, Clean up, everybody everywhere..."


Our night ended with Cheaper by the Dozen and Ty and Tess taking Nathan and Brent to "jail". Laughter filled our house on Saturday night because of these kids. We love them so much! They add such joy to our lives!

On Sunday I sang on praise team and it was awesome! Our friend Alan conducted communion and told us of how thankful he is for our church family and the encouragement they provide not only to him but others. It reminded me of how thankful I personally am for such a great community of people who are so willing to serve not only one another, but also our community and anyone else who states a need. I have never belonged to a church like "The Light" and I am so thankful that I am a part of such a wonderful community! I am constantly challenged when I walk through the doors of our little warehouse or when I see someone from church so selflessly serving others because of the love they have for Christ. You all rock...thank you!

Nate, Brent, and I enjoyed a "good little" Sunday afternoon. We went to the pool for a bit and went out to dinner at Jason's Deli, which is delicious! Brent is one of our best friends. He is such a humble servant. We always enjoy his company!

Sunday evening I enjoyed a long phone conversation with my brother Trinity and his daughter Cadence (she is 4!). I miss them SO much! It is amazing how our siblings change...how we change! I am so proud of Trinity. He is such a wonderful husband, father of two (they just had their second child Colton), and business man. I know that he has been challenged a lot lately and I would ask that you all would lift him up in prayer. There comes a point in every ones life when they reflect on the past and he is at that point in his life. Please pray that he would have peace and forgiveness in this challenging time! Living in Alabama is a blessing, but at the same time it can be very difficult being away from the ones I love! I love him and his family SO SO very much and miss them dearly. I can't wait until they are here in less than 2 months!

Me, Trinity, and Cadence at my sister's wedding!

So that was my great weekend! I know this is a long post but I wanted to share my joy with you all! Have a great week!

0 comments: