CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jonah's First Birthday


 Jonah entered this world showing God's power and throughout this year, he has continued to turn our hearts to God. During my pregnancy, we prayed that he would be a peaceful child. In my mind I thought this meant that he would be a very content baby, but now I know that God had a better plan. While I wouldn't describe him as content, he exudes peace because he is easily consoled and when I stop to console him, peace always wafts over me. What a gift to a mommy who could easily never stop moving and doing!

I love the close bond that has been formed between Jonah and I throughout a year of constant contact and responsive nursing. He's been my ultimate buddy, wherever I go, he goes (does anyone else remember that song?). I love how well he fits in with our household of boys. From the time he could crawl, he wanted to be outside with the boys. He also loves to wrestle and get "ruffed up". He's everyone's favorite playmate. I have never seen Judah display any jealousy towards Jonah, only love. Their being so close in age has been PURE JOY! We thank God for His perfect timing, peace, and provision.

May God's perfect will is done in his life! 






1 comments:

Courtney said...

i LOVE what you wrote. when pierce was around a year old and after and daddy wanted to start taking him on daddy play dates to the park or a bike ride I felt like one of my limbs was missing. they wouldn't be gone long and of course it was special for them to have that time too, but i missed him. i wasn't relieved he was "out of my hair" i couldn't wait for them to get back. that attachment can help us through sleepless nights, etc.