CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jonah

We found out that we are indeed having another baby BOY (Nathan and I both knew it was a boy)! We were in no rush to find out what we were having or to name this baby, but both have come rather quickly. The other weekend, we were eating dinner with my in-laws and they suggested we start talking about names. Lots of names were mentioned, but one name was a favorite amongst the family- Jonah. We went home that day thinking that Jonah would be a great name for our second baby, but we were not ready to officially name him. The next morning, we received this email from Nathan's dad. If you don't know his father, you should know that he doesn't say much so when he speaks, we listen.

It's a sign. I just went back into my office. On my desk was a little notebook of my mom's Bible notes that she made on all the different books on the bible and topics she studied. There it was. The little book was opened to a page and guess what the title was? "Jonah" lesson 1 of her notes. That should settle it.
Nicky

Nathan read the email out loud to me and we both agreed that Jonah should be the name of our second baby.

Most people agree that Jonah means peace. A name meaning peace is so fitting for this child because it is my prayer that God will cast out all fear and bring us peace with the arrival of our second baby only 16 months after our first. We feel that God is asking us to trust Him to provide for us as He blesses us with these gifts. Despite our love for children, sometimes having two children under 2 seems just plain scary. At other times, I am so excited to see how God will provide. I am constantly reminded that my purpose on earth is not simply to fulfill my plans or ensure my comfort, but to serve the Lord my God. If this means having two children under 2 and a teenager, then Lord supply me with all I need to mother these children and be the wife you have called me to be. You are worthy!

Please pray for us to fully trust God as we wait for baby Jonah to arrive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonah is a wonderful name :) I'm praying for you all Steph! Love ya,

Katy

The Cornett Family said...

I love the name you have chosen, and it seems God has revealed. You're great parents, and I know God is equipping you to do all he has in store.

Heather M. said...

My boys are 16 months apart and it was MUCH easier than I dared to dream. Sure there were the first few months of little to no sleep, but now they are 2 years and 1 year and play and love on each other daily! Congrats on another boy Stephanie!! :)

courtney said...

yay baby Jonah! When we were pregnant with Love we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl and Judah and Jonah were on our boy list! But then picked Flint as our boy name and Love as our girl name (the only girl name we had for this baby). So, I really like your names! I am glad you are doing well. I didn't know about your surgery. Yay for a strong baby!