CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Completing Him Challenge: Our Wedding Day


This week the Completing Him Challenge is to remember the day you entered your sacred vows. Post pictures from that day and share your story.


Nathan and I were married on a gorgeous September day in front of our closest family and friends. We stood barefoot in a historic church with no bathroom or A/C and vowed to stay together "until death do us part". I would love to tell you all of the details of this unforgettable day, but time does not allow. However, I would like to share with you all a couple of moments from our wedding day that I pray I will never forget!

  • The joy that I felt when I looked at my groom as I walked down the aisle. I shed tears of joy as I thanked God for allowing me to marry this man! I remember how clearly I felt God's grace that day. I knew that I was undeserving of the many gifts in my life, but understood that Christ gave them to me freely. I pray that I will always see Nathan as a gift!


  • The gusto with which I said the final line of my vows, "I promise to do you good and not harm all the days of my life." I knew that was a big promise that I would have to depend on God in order to keep! During the tough times, I am often reminded of these very words. I know that doing Nathan "good" is a choice that I often fail to do, but I pray that I will never stop asking God to give me the strength to do Nathan good all the days of his life! I know that when I love my husband as God commands, it is sweet worship to Him!
  • The commitment we made to live a life of servanthood to God! We washed each others feet to symbolize our desire to serve one another and those around us! I pray we do not forget this commitment to willingly serve one another!


Some of my favorite pictures from our special day...











0 comments: