CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chicago, Nebraska, Home Sweet Home

It feels like we have been on the road quite a bit lately, so I thought I would give you all a short update. Two weeks ago, I was able to join Nathan on a last minute work trip to Chicago. We stayed in a beautiful hotel in Chicago from Wednesday until Sunday. We had a great time! Nathan had to work almost every day, but I fully enjoyed being able to travel with him. I spent my days browsing the shops, reading, and walking/jogging along the "river walk". At night, Nathan and I were able to do see the sights and eat at some tasty restaurants with friends. It was a great last minute vacation and I am so glad that I was able to tag along.
Last week, we visited my family in Nebraska. We simply spent quality time with my family, which is exactly what I needed. I think this is the first time that Nathan actually got to experience small town Nebraska. My mom even arranged for us to pick sweet corn from the fields on Sunday morning. It was great! During out trip, we ate meals with family, spent lots of time with my nieces and nephews (I miss them SO SO much), golfed with my mom and brother, visited my brothers land, spent a day at my brothers place on the lake (we played hours of badminton), ate lots of fresh sweet corn, visited my aunts house, and enjoyed long conversations with my mom. It was really good to see everyone. I usually don't realize just how much I miss them all until I am on the plane back to Huntsville. It isn't easy living so far away from the ones I love, but we make it work :). I need to get pictures of our trip from my mom (hint-hint) so that I can share them with you all.

This is my last week of work at the University, so it is a very busy one to say the least. Starting on Monday, I will be working at The Linc "semi" full-time, which is very exciting! I absolutely love being a part of this ministry. Once the baby arrives, I plan to be a stay-at-home wife and mother, so I am thankful that I will be able to spend a lot of time at the Linc before the baby arrives.

1 comments:

Amanda Doherty said...

How fun you got to tag along! I've got to tag along with Curt on some business trips and while he works I explore the towns. It's a great way to spend alone time :). Chicago is a great city and looks like you two had a blast!