CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wedding Fun












Thanks to our great friends and family, we are official done making our invitations. We had a lot of fun making them. We loved the idea of saving money by making our own invites, but now we just love the invites and can't imagine purchasing them. Besides, it just wouldn't be us. The guys even helped us by cutting and printing. Justin Austin is actually a master invite cutter. Plus, the guys wrapped wire around about 35 jars while watching Tiger play some mad golf! I was sad I missed out on the golf but I was busy figuring out the invites. I decided to give you all a little sneak peak of our invites. We also made RSVP post cards that match the invites. They have a cream background and the blue pattern on them (much like the initial portion of the invite)...they turned out really cute. We also sat with Cani and Justin for about 15 minutes that afternoon trying to figure out the wording for the invites. As soon as the storybook wording came up, we knew it was ours! Cheesy but fitting.

We have so many DIY projects but they are being knocked out one by one. Our friends are so willing to help which makes the projects not only easy but also enjoyable! We still have a lot of projects ahead of us, but I am confident that we are going to conquer them all.

Nate and I have decided that we are on and off again wedding planners. We get pumped about getting stuff done for like 2 days and then we don't even look at wedding stuff for a week. We know we are going to need to get better about that. We went into our engagement knowing that we didn't want the wedding stuff to take up all of our time or thoughts, but now we are realizing it may need to take up some of it in order for us to get stuff done! Especially since we are all about DIY projects.

I still love the simplicity of our wedding. That is what excites me about it the most! The natural beauty, relaxed feel, and closeness of the day. The hardest part has been figuring out how we are going to narrow down our friends and family to a select 130 (that is all the church will hold) who are going to be able to join us on our special day. It has been tough because we feel close to so many people, but we know this is what we want! In fact, we actually wanted more like 80 guests, but upon our first draft of the guest list, we realized that was IMPOSSIBLE. We are planning on having a "Stop in to give the newlyweds a blessing" event at Nate's parents after we return from our week long honeymoon (in Jamaica...not sure if I told you all that). So, I am hoping people who we are not as close with will enjoy that time with us and undestand that we want an intimate wedding.

In other breaking news, MY LITTLE SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED THIS WEEKEND! AHHHHHHH!!!! So, we are headed to Nebraska for a weekend with the family. She is having a large bright pink formal Lutheran Church wedding! This is crazy if you know my sister because she has always been a laid-back tom-boy. When she showed me her huge princess dress and my bright pink bridesmaids dress, I was shocked to say the least. This her day though and she decided that for one day she is going to dress herself up and be as girly as her heart desires! It will be wonderful seeing everyone and celebrating with my little sister who doesn't seem so little anymore. I'm sure I will have plenty pictures when I return!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The VanZoerens said...

Steph, you are so cute! I just love reading your posts :) We had so much fun helping make the invitations and they turned out fabulous! I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend with your family. See you when you get back!

Sarah said...

I love the invitations! *muah*