CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Wedding Planning







I am sure some of you are curious to know about the details of our wedding...

Well I have created a little page so you all can acquire some of the details:
http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/StephanieForeman&NathanFaught

That will give you basic info like the time, place, and the wedding party.

We are really excited because our main goal of our wedding day is to keep it relaxed and personal. My belief is that a wedding isn't some big show. A lot of people place so much emphasis on their wedding day that they forget about the importance of the day and the most important element of the day, taking your marriage vows in front of God and your most trusted friends and family. Don't get me wrong, I truly believe it is one of the most important and special days of your life, but I think it is important to keep marriage first.

This being said, we have chosen to get married in this small country town right outside of Huntsville. We want our guests to come in whatever they feel comfortable in (jeans, shorts, whatever...). We want to know each one of our guests in a personal way and we want our friends and family to walk away feeling refreshed and relaxed.

I attached a few pictures of the church and the reception site (the reception is actually outdoors in their little gardens area). These pics should give you an idea of the style we are going for! Oh and you all have to hear the story of my awesome wedding dress. My friend Dasha just happened to "pick it up" for me at a local discount store not knowing if I would like it or not, but knowing she just had to get it. It is a J Crew wedding dress (I didn't even know they had a bridal line, but they do) and fits the style of the wedding PERFECTLY! The fabric is just so natural and beautiful. It had to go through a series of serious alterations (it was too big), but it is looking awesome. Plus, you know how Nate and I are, we love a good story and this is a great one if I do say so myself!

I will keep you all posted on the other details...next up...cake, making sashes for my 9 BM's, finding shirts for the GM's (that's right...no tuxes just some brown (hopefully linen) pants and a cream button down dress shirt), picking out photos for our little photo line (made with clothespins and rope...it will attach to the old fence in the gardens), and buying the decoration stuff Joanna (she is helping me with my simple decor) suggested (this is Nate's brother-in-laws, brothers, wife...confusing I know).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wedding will be here before we know it! AAAAHHHH!!!!!