CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1,000 Gifts in 2012

This year I am taking the challenge to foster a heart of gratitude by naming 1,000 gifts in 2012. Read more about the challenge here. I want to make new habits this year.


A habit of not complaining, but the habit of giving thanks; the habit of not worrying, but a habit worshipping. The habit of repeatedly giving God praise that our lives might become a prayer. Small is always the leverage of large. It’s one moment after the other, the small moments that turn a life. It’s the small actions that can change a life.

It’s habits that can imprison you and it’s habits that can free you and when thanks to God becomes a habit, so joy in God becomes your life.

I know I can't do this alone. I need the Father's grace-- I need it every minute of every day. Help me Father!

I may not be able to share all 1,000 gifts with all of you, but I thought I would try to share as time allows. Let us encourage one another to consider the many gifts the Lord bestows on us each day.


12. A roof over my head, worn-out slippers, coffee.
13. A suckling baby, "mommy, mommy", praise music.

14. Jonah's birth, the way he saved my marriage before it started, how he cared for the Linc.

15. My wedding ring, my timing, a delicious meal.

16. Judah's squeal when a friend opened the door, Jonah smiling and laughing at the sight of MarMar, Nathan chasing Judah and Logan around the kitchen.

17. Judah washing his face with a tissue he dipped in the toilet, open conversations with friends, my husbands embrace.

18. He will never leave me, His grace IS POWER, He gently leads those with young.

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I am trying to do this too! I am currently reading the One Thousand Gifts book and it has been very encouraging/convicting. I hope we both will find more of God's graces as we CHOOSE TO SEE!! Love you Steph!

Courtney said...

awesome!! i bought that book and read the first chapter and then shared it with a friend so i look forward to finishing it. It was so wonderful to see you and I am greatly encouraged and edified to keep pressing on in thankfulness, peace, joy and pouring out our lives, laying them down! as i wrote that Love mushed play doh into the carpet :)