CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Goodbye Graduate School


On Friday, a chapter of my life officially ended. After 7 years of higher education, I said goodbye to formal education! Throughout the last year, there have been many times when I didn't want to complete this lengthy master's degree (especially once I realized my passion for the home), but with Nathan and my family's encouragement, I pressed on. Thankfully, I was able to complete all of my requirements (not only course work, but also over 900 hours of internship/clinicals, which by God's grace I was able to do in the perfect setting- Lincoln Village Ministry) just in time. With only 3 (or so) weeks until precious Judah's birth (proof that God's timing is so much greater than mine), I walked across the stage to receive my diploma. While I do not have any immediate plans to "use" this degree, I feel at complete peace knowing that my calling to be a wife and mother is so much greater than any of my previous career dreams.


When I started my master's degree, I promised my mom that I would participate in the graduation ceremony regardless of what season of life I was in when I graduated. I had no idea that this meant I would be sitting through a 3 hour ceremony at 37 weeks pregnant, but never-the-less I kept my promise :). I can't thank my mom enough for the many ways that she supported me throughout these 7 years of higher education! I know she was extremely excited that I finished!


I cannot end this chapter without expressing my extreme gratitude for all of the support that Nathan has given me to complete this program despite our decision for me to become a stay-at-home mom. He has never once complained of the time and money that it has cost us. Instead, he faithfully encouraged me to finish what I started and also reassured me of the value of being his wife and the future mother of his children. THANK YOU JESUS!


Goodbye graduate school, hello motherhood!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your good bye entry brought joyful tears to me eyes. I am so very proud of you and also of Nathan and all your family for encouraging you to finish!! You will never regret finishing your education. God has a purpose for it even if it is being my personal councelor. I love you so much. Mom