CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Love


I must admit that I am not too big on "Valentines Day", but I do like to take the day to think of how blessed I am to have my best friend, my leader, and my love. I know that most of you know Nathan because the majority of my blog readers are close family and friends, but I feel the need to tell you all about how wonderful my partner for life truly is and how grateful I am to have him. I have been blessed beyond measure with a man who I trust to lead me and our future children throughout life. To some he may look like the ordinary man, but to me he is extraordinary. It is funny how whenever I explain Nathan to people, I always leave the conversation feeling so proud of how God created Nathan. In his very nature, he builds me up.

Nathan is my Mr. Steady! For the most part, he does not worry, stress, or carry guilt. I am so thankful for these qualities because I have the tendency to do all three of those things and he often reminds me that there is no place in our lives for those things. Nathan also has a great job that he absolutely loves. I have the pleasure of being supported by a man who has an incredible work ethic. He works hard, he is a man of integrity, and he pours into a business that he truly believes in. Even when times are tough at work, he is diligent and thankful for his position. He is also honest and tells it like it is, which is why I trust his guidance. In addition, Nathan has always shown me love that is not dependent on my behavior or role. His grace towards me has taught me so much about forgiveness. He believes that it is his role to support me and and our future family physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I am excited that it is my role to be his "help meet" for life through thick and thin.

I feel like we can't be thankful enough for the ones we love. So if you read this and felt a bit bored, know that I was completely jazzed (Isn't this a great word?) to write it!

Updates:
We took a couple of pictures last weekend so I thought I would include them in this post. We really need a recent picture of us together, but this is the best we could do for now.

Our valentines day was a lot of fun! As soon as we woke up, we made a big breakfast together. Nathan gave me a sweet card and informed me that I had a couple gifts on the way. I was shocked when he said that one of them was a camera (we have been looking for a replacement camera since I broke mine on our honeymoon and Nathan finally found a good deal on one) and a dress that you can wear several different ways. I can't wait until they arrive. After breakfast, we went to watch our kids from "The Linc" compete in a local wrestling tournament. This turned into an all day (and night) event, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We were so proud of the kids! They are new to the wrestling scene, but they did great. It was so fun to cheer them on. After the meet, we planned on getting some take out Chinese food and playing monopoly, but we ended up joining Nathan's sisters and his brother-in-law for dinner. It was a great end to our evening.
Have a great week!

1 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.